AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Lindy S. Hudis, Author of WEEKENDS

Our special guest today is Lindy S. Hudis, author of the suspense romance novel, WEEKENDS!

Lindy Sternberger Hudis is an author, screenwriter, and filmmaker. Her independent film, The Lesson, was screened at the 2000 Seattle Underground Film Festival and Cine-nights LA. She is a graduate of New York University, and is also a former actress, appearing on the Aaron Spelling daytime drama, "Sunset Beach". She lives in Santa Monica, California with her husband Steve, a Hollywood stuntman, her baby girl, Veronica Noelle, and newborn son, Cameron Michael.

You can visit her website at http://directorbabe.tripod.com/.com/.

You can purchase Weekends here!

TWL: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Lindy! Can you tell us when your passion for writing began?

Lindy: As far back as I can remember, I loved to tell stories. I just liked to make stuff up, so I wrote them down. I guess you could say that I was writing back then, lol. I loved my creative writing class back in school. It was an escape for me.

TWL: Can you tell us what your typical 'writing' day is like?

Lindy: Lol, well, being a mom and a writer is a challenge. I have a new baby and a spirited four year old, but I consider my books my "babies"too. I manage to write a little bit every day, and I have mastered the art of writing when it is not totally quiet. I just relax, get into the "Zone", and let what comes out of me come to life.

TWL: Do you write full time?

Lindy: I am a full time mom, and I do write as much as I can. I do aspire to become a full time writer.

TWL: Can you tell us a little bit about your book?

Lindy: WEEKENDS is a romance-suspense about an innocent-sounding family reunion at an exclusive California beach resort turns into a weekend of murder, deceit, exposed secrets and unexpected intimate encounters.

John Peterson has it all: He is a respected, successful Beverly Hills entertainment lawyer with a loving wife and grown son, the strikingly handsome young film director Joe Peterson. John also has a secret, and he decides to gather his disparate family members at the elegant Hotel Del Moor in picturesque Linda Bella, California for some luxurious fun, togetherness and re-connecting before revealing his secret. Unbeknownst to the family, a brutal serial killer is lurking in the midst of all the wondrous festivities.

TWL: Who published your book and how has your experience with them been?

Lindy: My books is published with LBF Books, and I am very happy with them. Lachesis Publishing has become part of the LBF team, and I am looking forward to working with them as well. I have only positive words about LBF and Lachesis, both publishers are very professional and friendly people to work with.

TWL: Can you tell us the inspiration behind your book?

Lindy: I wanted to write a sexy story that takes place at a California beach resort. I am a California girl, and I wanted to share that experience with readers. I think that the California Coast is the most romantic place in the world, and I was inspired by that. It lends itself to a sexy, romantic story.

TWL: Can you tell us ways you are promoting your book? Have they been successful?

Lindy: Lol, well I am still working on that. I had no idea the time and energy needed for an author to promote their book. I do have to keep a positive attitude about the whole thing.

TWL: Do you have a mentor?

Lindy: No, not really. I do get inspiration and advice from other authors, but as far as a mentor goes, no.

TWL: What future projects do you have in the works?

Lindy: CRASHERS and CITY OF TOYS. Crashers is my mystery crime novel, and City of Toys was inspired by my old actress days. Both will be released by Lachesis Publishing.

TWL: Can you give aspiring authors words of advice towards getting published?

Lindy: Stay positive! Dreams do come true, without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them. John Updike said that, and I thought it was a nice thing to say.

TWL: What's one thing about your life that you think is important, but nobody asks?

Lindy: How I keep sane, lol. No, just kidding. I just try to balance being a mom and being a writer. It is all fun to me.

Lindy's virtual book tour is brought to you by Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours.

Tags: t, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments

Powered by Blogger.