Stem Cell Research Author Yvonne Perry Visits The Writer's Life!

Our special guest author today is Yvonne Perry, author of RIGHT TO RECOVER: WINNING THE POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS WARS OVER STEM CELL RESEARCH IN AMERICA!

Author Yvonne Perry writes about topics that inspire excellence and uplift the spirit. Her style is lovingly controversial and challenges people’s belief systems in order to help them move
past what she calls “Sunday School mentality.” She is a graduate of American Institute of Holistic Theology where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Metaphysics. Right to Recover: Winning the Political and Religious Wars over Stem Cell Research in America is an educational book that challenges political and religious opinions about research using in-vitro stem cells and gives an accurate picture of current therapies resulting from all types of stem cell research. You may blog with the author at http://www.right2recover.net/. The book will be available in online bookstores as well as retail bookstores on October 1.

Welcome to The Writer's Life, Yvonne! Can you tell us when your passion for writing began?

I have loved to read and write since I was a child. When I was a senior in high school I had a
creative writing teacher who believed in me. That set the flame of passion for writing which has only increased throughout the years.

Can you tell us what your typical 'writing' day is like?

I do a lot of networking so that means tons of emails following up with people who have contacted me. I spend time blogging with other writers, participating in writer co-op discussions, gathering material for my monthly newsletter, posting on my blogs, and interviewing guests for my podcast. I also write and edit for clients, maintain my Web site, write articles for free article directories and stay abreast of stem cell research and legislation. Plus I spend time marketing my book everyday.

Do you write full time?

Yes, I am the owner of Write On! Creative Writing Services—a team of full-time freelance ghostwriters and editors located in Nashville, Tennessee.

Can you tell us a little bit about your book?

The information in Yvonne’s book Right to Recover: Winning the Political and Religious Wars
over Stem Cell Research in America
was derived from intensive research, personal interviews,emails and other correspondence with national and international medical doctors, research scientists, religious leaders and elected officials as well as stories from patients, who hope to transform their lives through stem cell implants.

The book contains well-researched facts about all types of stem cell (bone marrow, amniotic and cord blood) treatments presently being used and their restorative effects. It also explores the research being done using stem cells derived from in vitro fertilized eggs on laboratory
animals and presents findings to support its curative potential on humans.

Who published your book and how has your experience with them been?

Nightengale Press is my publisher. Valerie Connelly has been absolutely wonderful to work with. She and I have networked on several projects since my signing on with Nightengale.

Can you tell us the inspiration behind your book?

I have two friends who have spinal cord injuries, a friend with Parkinson's and several family members with diabetes. I believe a cure for these and other illnesses and conditions may come forth from stem cell research. The opposition to the research is very illogical if you truly understand the science behind it. I want to help change the mindset by offering an education
to those who are willing to receive it.

Can you tell us ways you are promoting your book? Have they been successful?

I have hired a publicist to put together my book launch event. We plan an educational forum-type book signing with food and live music in October. I have a blog that gives a lot of information about the book and I've listed the blog with search engines. I've written several press releases and have radio interviews arranged. There are people asking me everyday when the book will be ready. This tells me that there is an interest in the book and that it will do well on the market.

Do you have a mentor?

I have several people that I look to as examples. Carolyn Howard-Johnson, Penny Sansevieri, Valerie Connelly, Suzanne Lieurance and many others who are successful writers, publishers and marketers.

What future projects do you have in the works?

As a speaker, I will be doing educational talks and book signings for Right to Recover. I'm also continuing to write and edit for clients and manage my team of writers and editors.

Can you give aspiring authors words of advice towards getting published?

Know the publishing industry. Get as much information about publishing as you possibly can and then decide how you will publish. This is why I created my podcast. So many people ask for assistance, I became a go-to person to assist my clients and fellow writers/authors with
understanding their options.

What’s one thing about your life that you think is important, but nobody asks?

My spiritual guidance and intuition drives my success and keeps me anchored. Maybe people don't ask about it because the topic is personal and most people do not easily talk about such things.

Thank you for a wonderful interview, Yvonne! Don't forget to leave a comment because one lucky commentor during Yvonne's virtual book tour will be tossed in the hat to win one of her books! If you'd like to find out where Yvonne will be next, visit her virtual book tour page by clicking here!

Tags: the writer's life, book promotion, book publicity, author interviews, blogging authors, guest blog, guest bloggers, book blog, virtual book tour, online book promotion, Yvonne Perry, stem cell research

1 comment:

  1. Dear Yvonne and Dorothy:
    I'm so flattered that you have found what I do instrumental in your work, Yvonne. Thanks to both you and Dorothy for a great blog, great interview.
    Best,
    Carolyn Howard-Johnson
    www.howtodoitfrugally.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.