Interview with Anne Vincent, Author of the Self-help Book, "The Way to Stillness"



Anne Alexander Vincent, Ordained Minister of Pastoral Counseling, is the Owner of Cottage in the Woods, a licensed ministry center of the National Christian Counselors Association. She is completing her PhD in Clinical Christian Counseling through the NCCA. With more than 30 years of counseling experience, she has completed her 8th year of intensive training under Dr Patrick Carnes, PhD as a Certified Multiple Addictions Therapist and Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist and with the International Trauma and Addiction Professionals as a Trauma and Addictions Therapist.

Welcome to The Writer's Life, Anne. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

Answer: I am a 53 year old single mom living in my hometown of Nashville, TN. I have been a counselor and psychotherapist for the past 30 years however,I think my love of books and writing has accompanied me from the womb!

The Way to Stillness is my first published book

Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

Answer: The story of my mother’s (Gayle Alexander) incredible voyage and her sense of mission deserves to be told during her lifetime. She has bread for the hungry soul and there are many in our world who need her wisdom.

What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?



Answer: The onset of my mothers vascular dementia at the beginning of the writing process (she is now 87), several shifts in direction and publishers, divorce and illness in my own life – you name it, it happened! I also have a fulltime therapeutic practice, so scheduling writing time was often tricky!

Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it? Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?

Answer: I do not have one at this time.

Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV? What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

Answer: Not quite yet, however, I really look forward to those opportunities. I am certain they will evolve quite naturally . . .

Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is? If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

Answer: Exactly one year ago, I began a wonderful relationship with The Cadence Marketing Group. Amy Collins Macgregor at Cadence is simply a genius with all this!

Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

Answer: We have a marvelous trailer which is on my website. The book will also be featured at the BEA in NYC. Book signing scheduling will take place in May and June.

Do you plan subsequent books?

Answer: Absolutely, this is simply too much fun not to!

Thank you for your interview, Anne. Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

Answer: My website is www.annescottageinthewoods.com which provides a link to Amazon.com. This is the best way to get an immediate copy before it hits bookstores later this spring. Our hope is that each and every reader be deeply blessed by The Way to Stillness!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.