Interview with Children's Author Brian D. McClure

Ohio born native Brian McClure is the Founder and President of The Universal Flag and its affiliate companies. He is an author, human rights advocate and messenger of the oneness of all. Inside of the Universal Flag Companies, he set up a Non Profit Foundation to help relieve the suffering which he has witnessed in third world countries, along with spreading the Universal Flags throughout the World. The flag was recently paraded and flown at The United Nations as part of World Peace Day.

Brian has developed an awareness of equality among all people and nationalities. His primary goal is to help people remember that inside each of us we hold the higher truths that are transforming our world.


Welcome to The Writer's Life, Brian. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

I grew up in a small city in N.E. Ohio, and quickly learned to love football. I played from fourth grade through college, which is where I reached the end of the road. I was too small, and not fast or quick enough to make it to any other level of play. Fortunately, besides having a college education, football taught me some very important life lessons. Three years after graduation, after working for a couple companies, I decided to start a company of my own. Yes, you're right! I had No experience, but I did have one thing going for me that served me well. Football taught me to work hard every day and to Not Quit! What I lacked in experience, I made up for in enthusiasm. It took me five years, but I eventually became very successful in the businesses I owned. As for writing, for years I had this inner voice telling me to write… Truth is though, I ignored the calling for a very long period. Writing to me was work! That belief was etched into my mind because of all the writing school forced upon me. At the time, I always felt that I didn’t have a choice, so I resisted when I did have a choice! Warning… when you have an internal voice asking you to do something, you are served best by listening. Suffice it to say the internal calling won in the end, and by my late forties, I answered the call to start writing.

Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

The first book I wrote, The Raindrop, came to me as I was taking a shower one morning. Those two words popped into my head, and at the same time water was falling on my head. I thought that was interesting, so after my shower I went down to the computer and typed those two words on the screen. What happened next, still makes me smile! The book started writing itself… I would write until the words stopped, and I would go to work. By the next morning, new words would pop into my head and I would continue writing. I never knew what was going to happen in any story I was writing. They actually wrote themselves through that internal voice!
What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

As funny as this may sound, it was convincing those who know me that I was actually writing the stories. Probably because they would always ask me what was going to happen next, and I never knew!


Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it? Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?

Yes, there is a media kit that has some information about me at: www.universalflag.org under media information.


Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV? What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

Yes, I have had the opportunity to appear on television, radio, and in newspapers and magazines mostly because that internal voice has pushed me to be in service to others. As such, my life has changed in many ways. Presently, I am in the process of setting up reading sessions with children at libraries and schools.


Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is? If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

For my books I use The Cadence Group out of NY, and they do a fabulous job promoting them.


Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

No… but my books are being promoted now, which of course… is the perfect time! Now… : )))


Do you plan subsequent books?

I have two more children’s books that I have written, and the artwork is completed. I am just waiting to bring them to market. Additionally I am in the process of writing a book for adults titled, A Call to Consciousness. It is about my trip into consciousness, which has many twists and turns along the way.


Thank you for your interview, Brian. Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

My books are available at Amazon.com and are in many bookstores. You can find me at: www.universalflag.org and on facebook.

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today I enjoyed it!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.