Interview with Dr. John E. Bell: 'Invasion of the Baby Daddy'

Today's guest is Dr. John E. Bell, author of The Invasion of the Baby's Daddy.

Invasion of the Baby Daddy has been a compilation of many American family’s dilemma with people who want to move on from their past mistakes in life of children and relationships and how much it can cost the people we love most when our life choices become complicated with an invasive baby daddy as in the book or even an invasive baby momma into a family situation. This book demonstrates how the American family structure is changing and how the law is often used to separate families and ultimately even end a marriage. In this American story of many with this subject, one family had to find a way to make the ultimate sacrifice to avoid destruction from the invasion of a baby daddy.

Thank you for this interview, Dr. Bell. Could you please tell us a little about your book?
[Dr. Bell] Invasion of the Baby Daddy is a fictional novel about a family that is trying to keep a marriage together in a blended family situation when a Baby Daddy is invading this blended family legally and causing the mother to do the unthinkable, choose between her marriage or her child. Every single Mom's nightmare comes to life in the novel and this story reasonates in the American blended family structure when the circumstances of the law and practical life consequences collide

Who or what is the inspiration behind this book?
[Dr. Bell] My inspiration for this book came out of my own personal experiences with my wife who has a child from a previous relationship prior to our marriage. My wife also had a court order that she did not understand that made her and her baby Daddy equal joint custodians to the child. This also makes their child a ward of the state. Which basically meant that my wife could not leave her state with me unless she gave her child to the Baby Daddy. You can see how this tragedy could strain any marriage. This is what inspired me to write this book.

Who is your biggest critic?
[Dr. Bell] I would have to say that I am probably my own greatest critic, I always seem to try for the perfection of a project. It is usually where I will not accept the least of things knowing that I am looking for the best of things in life. It's that constant strive for improvement and the dedication that I want to give the public something great to experience and wonderful to explore from me as an author.

What are you currently working on?
[Dr. Bell] I am so honored that you guys would ask me this question because I am now working on the release of my next novel that deals with why ordinary people become permiscuous in society. The book is obviously on an adult level but it really allows the reader to engage into the psychological factors that try to answer the question of why as humans do we do what we do sexually? I am so excited about finishing this book, it is really a challenge for me as a person who has been a little bit protected growing up and finally as a grown adult experiencing my male sexual oats if you will. I am sure many guys and females will see themselves in my next release so I feel confident that all will enjoy it.

An author that inspired me?
[Dr. Bell] I would have to say that Maya Angelou with her great book, "I know why the caged bird sings" is an amazing book and uplifting and inspiring all at the same time. I was swept away to see how the book reasonated with me and it demonstrated to me the release of emotions in literature and how one can communicate with great words. My next inspiration was with W.E.B. Dubois, with his great book, "The souls of Black Folk" I really was taken by hs visionary writings and his appeal of his stature at the time being one of the founders of the NAACP and the civil rights movement that shaped the ideology of great thinkers and communicators of today. My other inspiring author would have to be Dr. Cornel West, with all of his great books, Especially "Race Matters". This book gave a definitive outlook that captured my attention like no other at the time. I heard him speak some years ago and he was amazing to hear. Since then I have been quite fond of Dr. West and all of his accomplishments that have inspired me to write and teach at a college myself.

You are stuck on an island and if I had to bring a book to read which one would it be?
[Dr. Bell] Well, of all the books that I would want to read that have always brought me comfort and great peace of mind and optimism in the face of dispair would be the Holy Bible. I would want to have it by my side for the days that the island loneliness would be overwhelming at least I would be able to remind myself that I was no alone. When I would find myself unsure of rescue it would be devastating not to have some form of faith to keep my mind from maintaing some sense of hope. The Bible has great books and scriptures that allows the soul to be uplifted to new heights of powerful thinking and trusting in something even greater than yourself. Yes, in that situation the Holy Bible would be my greatest assest and would certainly bring me personally my greatest comfort.

I hope I have answered all the question that you may have had. I enjoyed answering these questions as well.

Please check out my book on Amazon.com "Invasion of the Baby Daddy"


You can visit Dr. Bell's website at www.drjohnbell.com.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:18 PM

    Wow. I want to read this book now, for the inspiration behind it if nothing else. Sounds intense.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.