Interview with L.G. Bradshaw: 'It literally has something for everyone'

L.G. Bradshaw lives in Minnesota. He served in the United States Army and worked as a Minneapolis police officer for 14 years, witnessing a seemingly endless stream of human depravity, some of which has found a home in his writing. Dot to Dot is his first of many novels, and defies convention. Dot to Dot can’t be pigeonholed into any one genre. It’s got a little bit of everything: drama, comedy, horror. Even a necropheliac serial killer thrown in for good measure.”

Bradshaw has finished two other novles and is currently working on a fourth.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, L.G. Can you tell us how long you’ve been writing professionally and how your journey led to writing your latest book, ‘Dot to Dot’?

A: Thanks. I’ve been writing since I was a kid. Most of the stuff I came up with in the early years was crap, but I learned a lot about writing by just pushing ahead. Dot to Dot is my first published novel. Since finishing it I’ve completed two other novels and am now writing a fourth. Each one gets better, too!


Q: I love your title…can you tell us why you chose it?

A: The main theme of Dot to Dot is how we’re all connected. Plus, the story moves from character to character like a dot to dot puzzle. Some characters the reader gets to learn quite a bit about; others might only be around for a couple pages. There’s even a cannibalistic, necrophiliac serial killer thrown in for good measure. This guy will haunt your dreams!


Q: Why did you believe your book should be published?

A: It’s a great read! Pretty simple, really. It’s entertaining, and that’s what all good novels should strive to be.


Q: Can you tell us the story behind your book cover? Did you choose it or did your publisher, CreateSpace, have full control? Were you happy with the decision or did you have something else in mind?

A: I found the photo and had my brother design the cover. He’s a designer and did a great job. He started his own design firm, Norman Michel Designs, and works out of Denver. You can check out his work at www.naderkawas.com. He has an amazing talent for anything design related.

Q: How have you approached marketing your book? Do you have someone doing it for you or have you had to do most of the marketing yourself?

A: I’ve done most of it myself. Friends, family, local book events, facebook, emails. Whatever it takes to push it out there.

Q: What book on the market can it compare to? How is it different? What makes your book special?

A: My book is like no other. It’s not one particular genre. It literally has something for everyone. Frankly, I think it’s better than most of the tripe out there these days.


Q: Open to a random page in your book. Can you tell us what is happening?

A: Ten year old Tony Sanchez has come up with a way to deal with his mother’s homicidal boyfriend. Very creative for a ten year old, and slightly disturbing.


Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

A: I’ve already finished two others and am working on a fourth. Not going to stop writing. The way I see it, life is too short to not do what you want. Screw it, I’m going to write until the day I die. Could be tomorrow or fifty years from now. You never know…


Q: Thank you for your interview, L.G. Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

A: Absolutely. Check me out at www.lgbradshaw.com. My book is available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.